Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Plus One, Minus One

... that's what I'd have to tally this week 
if I was keeping count of "on-going" quilt projects.

ever green trees

Starting a new project wasn't exactly intentional, 
but it was absolutely the right thing to do this week. 

Tomorrow is (was?) Saskia & Arne's official 40-week (gestational) due date ... 
I've been watching it slowly approach on the calendar. 

After tomorrow different kind of counting starts ...

I've used some of my nervous energy to create a special piece to honor Saskia & Arne. 

Day 1

Each square represents something that relates to them. Our wishes, dreams and intentions all stitched up in a little 7-1/2" square sampler. Each square (including the t-shirt above) is 1-1/2" square.

You can read more about this project here and see detailed pictures of each square here. Be sure to visit Amy Power's blog Inspire Co. and check out her Happy Go Lucky Stitchalong.

On the finishing side of the column, I put the last stitches into 
the binding of this quilt last Friday and threw another party! 
More pictures and all the details are here.

 periwinkles bound

I'd like to say that Axel's second sock is done .. but it's still waiting for me to turn the heel (again) ...

But TODAY, I drew the last and final block pattern for Nesting!
Now it's time to sit at the computer, scan, edit, write, re-edit and finalize all the patterns. 
This finished quilt design has been a long time in coming but I sure am loving the results.

Nesting - the happy hoek

This week is crazy busy. 
There is at least one major thing on my calendar every single day. 
I'm really not sure why it turned out to be this week. 
But maybe it's for the best 
... one thing is for sure ... 
it will mean for a whopper of a WAW list ... I hope you'll stop back by.

Be sure to stop by Freshly Pieced and see what every one else has been up to ...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and precious way to remember your babies.

    ReplyDelete

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...