Monday, June 4, 2012

Do you "do" Buttonholes?

I hate making buttonholes.

Always have and probably always will.

When I sat down to design and make a tiny purse this weekend 
I came up against the whole "how am I going to keep it closed" problem.

binding buttonhole 
My solution. Cut off the tip, bind it. Then bind the edge of the purse.

Voilá - a buttonhole made of binding.

Pretty happy with the results!

Only problem now is my button isn't wild enough.

Gotta go shopping.

Darn.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I went for the ribbon loop/toggle style on my most recent button needs...I've never actually made a successful button hole, regardless of trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you I don't like making buttonholes so I like your solution to the buttonhole for the purse.

    ReplyDelete

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...