Tuesday, March 5, 2013

He's Here!

Well ... I have to admit ... 
... I've been holding out on you ...

You might have guessed.

... or maybe you sent me an email ...

in which case I always answered truthfully 
all the while asking you to help keep our secret.

But now he's here and I'm positively bursting at the seams!

FINN 
was born at 2:51 am on 
28 February 2013

Finn

He was almost 12 weeks too early ...

... but weighed 1305 grams / 2 pounds, 14 ounces at birth ...

Finn is a whopping 39,5cm / 15-1/2" long
and has the most amazing long fingers and really big feet

Five minutes after birth his apgar score was 10 out of 10 and 
he's been holding his own with no support, no oxygen needed.

The last five days have been incredible. 

Of course with any premie, there have been a few ups and downs, 
but really mainly small little "hiccups" that we've been able to overcome with 
the help of the wonderful staff of doctors and nurses at UZ Gent.

He is doing so well and we couldn't be more proud!

finn's train
Pin It Now!

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you all. He is so sweet. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and many hugs. Thinking of you all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw his photo on Flickr yesterday and welled up! I'm so happy for you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for all of you. I know he is truely a gift from God. What a beautiful little boy.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, he is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed your photos in my Flickr stream and did a double-take. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your husband. Congratulations, Jovita! (...and I love his name!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! A great surprise! I absolutely LOVE his name and he is the cutest! I hope you have baby quilts ready for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing, congratulations with this beautiful boy.
    I'm so happy for you both!!!

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge Congratulations on the arrival of Finn, he is beautiful. I am so happy for you all. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very happy for you! Finn is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Finn is a wonderful name for a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you. What a great surprise. I'm very happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for all of you! I was hoping that this was why you were so quiet.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how absolutely wonderful!!!! So excited for you, Jovita!!! What a beautiful blessing he is, and I love his name! Congratulations!!
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is absolutely fantastic news! He is lovely. Wishing you and your family everything wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is beautiful!!! Congratulations ! Many blessing and love going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulatios! He is so very precious. At first I thought you and DH just needed some time to yourselves, but in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe just maybe. You both are very blessed and Finn is truly a gift from God. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you! Wishing you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many, many congratulations Jovita. He's so beautiful
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I keep checking your blog to see how you're doing. I.ve followed you since you left Washington.. I'm so happy for you and your hubby. Finn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...