... a bug in his own little rug ...
I do apologize if all my latest posts are about our newest addition
but hope you'll bear with me a little longer.
Finn will be in the hospital until at least April 23rd ... he must be at least 36 weeks (gestation) and weight 2.3 kilograms / 5 pounds to be released and come home.
My husband and I were tallying up where my hours are going lately ... between the basics (showering and toiletry), pumping breastmilk (ugh), packing bags, driving too and from the hospital and finding the one parking spot that is still available a whopping NINE hours of my day are gone. And while we included clearing the table after meals we did forget to calculate time at the table.
So I hope you don't mind too much as I periodically use snaps of my sweet as a placeholder here.
I'll do my best to post some creativity .. I knit (slowly) while snuggling him skin-to-skin as much as possible each day ... but sadly this averages at about three hours. If I could I would be there full time ...
Some of you have sent messages asking for updates on Finn so here's a quick run-down ...
- Today he's 32 weeks gestation ... on Thursday he will be a whole month old!!!
- Finn almost weighs 1500 grams / 3 lbs, 5 ounces!!!
- He has monitors for heart rate, respiration and oxygen saturation. All other monitors and IVs have been removed.
- He receives feedings (we're up to 33 mls seven times per day) via a feeding tube.
- Hopefully we'll be able to start some breastfeeding around 34 weeks.
- Finn has grown a quilter's quarter inch since his birth!!
Yesterday he graduated to an open bed - he is holding his own body temp so is snuggled with blankets and this busy mommy is smashing out some long-sleeve snuggles to help keep him warm and cosy.
And thank you .. to you one and all for your well wishes and sweet sweet comments. Next to snuggling with Finn, opening my mailbox (both cyber and postal) is the highlight of my day! I'm sorry that I don't have time at the moment to answer all your comments but I do read them all and often twice ... my husband has been particularly touched as we have heard from all corners of the earth from so many wonderful and kindred spirits.
xoxPin It Now!