Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Design Process .1.

Step One - inspiration and idea sketching

I'm working on an idea for my swap with Mary.  It's supposed to be done by July 1st .. hmmm, I think I may be a few days late .. but I think I'm on to something good!

designing for mary


Here's the task:
  • anything with a bird theme or circles
  • beachy colors: pale blues, seafoam green, biege OR reds, yellows, greens
  • includes appliqué or embroidery
  • 8"x10" or smaller
ok .. fabric selection .. I tended immediately towards the "beachy" feel and I'll show that later, but I also knew I'd be embroidering or appliquéing birds and nests .. they are definitely an obsession of mine right now.

embroidery / appliqué ideas

  • nest
  • cage
  • tree / topiary
  • bird - duh!
  • polka dots - not sure why ..
  • leaves .. think spring
  • musical note - for song!
  • .. and something i can't read .. hmm ... what was that
  • maybe a branch with cherry blossoms

... we'll see what happens tonight. Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...