Tuesday, February 22, 2011

U Pick

U PickMoose on the Porch Quilts is hosting a fun quilt along using Layer Cakes and I got to play along as one of the designers. Too fun, right? Phew, yeh! First I had to decide which block I wanted to share, then make it in 12" (that's huge for me) plus make sure you could get all the pieces from a Layer Cake (a 10" square).

I had a blast! and came up with this ... the U Pick block.

Every one of these blocks is made using the exact same elements and the fabrics in the same position ... I just shuffled the 9 units around to get the different options.

So, if you're wondering what layout I chose to sew my units into .. here it is!

U Pick Block (front)

I took a pic of the back for you too so you can see the pressing instructions in action.

U Pick Quilt Block (reverse)

And a close up of the points .. this is why I recommend not pressing the half-square triangle units until you've decided which layout to use.

U Pick Quilt Block

So be sure to go check out Moose on the Porch Quilts
and the first 9 blocks.



p.s. You can also play around by sewing the (red) bar to the (cream) edge of the goose instead of next to the triangles.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Do you have a design for charm packs too?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say what a beautiful block this is and love the options. Colors are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful...great color choice. I couldn't agree more about the pressing. Waiting to see the placement of an element of a block before you press can help with the proper matching of points and keeping it all nice and crisp.

    ReplyDelete

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...