Monday, March 19, 2007

Back in the Swing

Wow, I’m really sorry it’s taken me so long to post again.  I returned to the states nearly five weeks ago – on Valentine’s Day and I can’t believe that St. Patrick’s day has already gone by and we’re flying toward Easter.
I got sick the very first weekend I came home and it hung on . . . from that into more work on the website, another hip surgery for my mom and prep for our expanded booth at the Quilters Anonymous Show last weekend at the Monroe Fairgrounds kept Patti and I both very busy.  Through the rain, more illness and truck break-downs we packed, repacked, unpacked, set up and celebrated the weekend with many many quilters who visited the show. 
It was a fantastic weekend and I can’t describe what a great time I had.  Setting up our booth was bittersweet as I’ve missed the shop so very much, but how lovely to hug and be hugged by so many customers and friends that we’ve missed seeing
I managed to finish a new sample for the show – a pillow that will go in my living room here . . . using some of our Jacquard ribbons and Westfalenstoffe imported from Germany.  Read my next post for more info about making your own!
My mom also whipped out two samples for us using the “Flower of the Month” collection from Northcott.  Here – January Carnations & February Violets which we’ve already kitted up. She’s anxious to get started on  March Daffodils and April Daisies.  I’ll post pictures and kit info as soon as they’re ready. 
This coming weekend, I’ll be in Renton at the Evergreen Piecemakers Spring Break.  Their guild puts on three days of classes and luncheons, including speakers Gwen Marston and Maggie Ball – during breaks and evenings they shop us vendors right in our hotel rooms, so while they’re in their classes I’m planning on sewing up more samples to show soon.
And get back in the swing of things, writing you a weekly update on all of our comings, goings and doings.  Watch this space for more about upcoming gatherings, our annual rubber duck hunt, visitors from Germany, shows and get-togethers.
                                                             Jovita
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*please read*

I would REALLY like to reply to your comment, but I can't unless you have your email address visible in your settings!

Log into blogger on your dashboard page, click where it says "edit profile" on the left side of the page. Then check "SHOW EMAIL ADDRESS" in the 3rd line down, and at the bottom of the page click SAVE PROFILE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...